terça-feira, 1 de novembro de 2011

Jonh Evangelio. Chapter (11-15) Church of God



John Evangelio
Chapter 11
1 ¶ Now a certain man named Lazarus was ill; he was of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.
2  (The Mary whose brother Lazarus was ill, was the Mary who put perfumed oil on the Lord and made his feet dry with her hair.)
3  So the sisters sent to him, saying, Lord, your dear friend is ill.
4  When this came to his ears, Jesus said, The end of this disease is not death, but the glory of God, so that the Son of God may have glory because of it.
5  Now Jesus had love in his heart for Martha and her sister and Lazarus.
6  So when the news came to him that Lazarus was ill, he did not go from the place where he was for two days.
7  Then after that time he said to his disciples, Let us go into Judaea again.
8  The disciples said to him, Master, the Jews were attempting only the other day to have you stoned, and are you going back there again?
9  Then Jesus said in answer, Are there not twelve hours in the day? A man may go about in the day without falling, because he sees the light of this world.
10  But if a man goes about in the night, he may have a fall because the light is not in him.
11  These things said he: and after that he said to them, Lazarus our friend is at rest; but I go so that I may make him come out of his sleep.
12  Then his disciples said to him, Lord, if he is resting he will get well.
13  Jesus, however, was talking of his death: but they had the idea that he was talking about taking rest in sleep.
14  Then Jesus said to them clearly, Lazarus is dead.
15  And because of you I am glad I was not there, so that you may have faith; but let us go to him.
16  Then Thomas, who was named Didymus, said to the other disciples, Let us go so that we may be with him in death.
17 ¶ Now when Jesus came, he made the discovery that Lazarus had been put into the earth four days before.
18  Now Bethany was near to Jerusalem, about two miles away;
19  And a number of Jews had come to Martha and Mary to give them comfort about their brother.
20  When Martha had the news that Jesus was on the way, she went out to him, but Mary did not go from the house.
21  Then Martha said to Jesus, Lord, if you had been here my brother would not be dead.
22  But I am certain that, even now, whatever request you make to God, God will give it to you.
23  Jesus said to her, Your brother will come to life again.
24  Martha said to him, I am certain that he will come to life again when all come back from the dead at the last day.
25  Jesus said to her, I am myself that day and that life; he who has faith in me will have life even if he is dead;
26  And no one who is living and has faith in me will ever see death. Is this your faith?
27  She said to him, Yes, Lord: my faith is that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world.
28  And having said this, she went away and said secretly to her sister Mary, The Master is here and has sent for you.
29  And Mary, hearing this, got up quickly and went to him.
30  Now Jesus had not at this time come into the town, but was still in the place where Martha had seen him.
31  Then the Jews who were with her in the house, comforting her, when they saw Mary get up quickly and go out, went after her in the belief that she was going to the place of the dead and would be weeping there.
32  When Mary came to where Jesus was and saw him, she went down at his feet, saying, Lord, if you had been here my brother would not be dead.
33 ¶ And when Jesus saw her weeping, and saw the Jews weeping who came with her, his spirit was moved and he was troubled,
34  And said, Where have you put him? They said, Come and see, Lord.
35  And Jesus himself was weeping.
36  So the Jews said, See how dear he was to him!
37  But some of them said, This man, who made open the eyes of the blind man, was he not able to keep his friend from death?
38  So Jesus, deeply troubled in heart, came to the place of the dead. It was a hole in the rock, and a stone was over the opening.
39  Jesus said, Take away the stone. Martha, the sister of him who was dead, said, Lord, by this time the body will be smelling, for he has been dead four days.
40  Jesus said to her, Did I not say to you that if you had faith you would see the glory of God?
41  So they took away the stone. And Jesus, looking up to heaven, said, Father, I give praise to you for hearing me.
42  I was certain that your ears are at all times open to me, but I said it because of these who are here, so that they may see that you sent me.
43  Then he said in a loud voice, Lazarus, come out!
44  And he who was dead came out, with linen bands folded tightly about his hands and feet, and a cloth about his face. Jesus said to them, Make him free and let him go.
45 ¶ Then a number of the Jews who had come to Mary and had seen the things which Jesus did had belief in him.
46  But some of them went to the Pharisees with the news of what Jesus had done.
47  Then the high priests and the Pharisees had a meeting and said, What are we doing? This man is doing a number of signs.
48  If we let him go on in this way, everybody will have belief in him and the Romans will come and take away our place and our nation.
49  But one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, You have no knowledge of anything;
50  You do not see that it is in your interest for one man to be put to death for the people, so that all the nation may not come to destruction.
51  He did not say this of himself, but being the high priest that year he said, as a prophet, that Jesus would be put to death for the nation;
52  And not for that nation only, but for the purpose of uniting in one body the children of God all over the world.
53  And from that day they took thought together how to put him to death.
54  So Jesus no longer went about publicly among the Jews, but went from there into the country near to the waste land, to a town named Ephraim, where he was for some time with the disciples.
55  Now the Passover of the Jews was near, and numbers of people went up from the country to Jerusalem to make themselves clean before the Passover.
56  They were looking for Jesus and saying to one another while they were in the Temple, What is your opinion? Will he not come to the feast?
57  Now the chief priests and the Pharisees had given orders that if anyone had knowledge where he was, he was to give them word, so that they might take him.
Chapter 12
1 ¶ Then, six days before the Passover, Jesus came to Bethany where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had made to come back from the dead.
2  So they made him a meal there, and he was waited on by Martha, and Lazarus was among those who were seated with him at table.
3  Then Mary, taking a pound of perfumed oil of great value, put it on the feet of Jesus and made them dry with her hair: and the house became full of the smell of the perfume.
4  But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot (who was to give him up), said,
5  Why was not this perfume traded for three hundred pence, and the money given to the poor?
6  (He said this, not because he had any love for the poor; but because he was a thief, and, having the money-bag, took for himself what was put into it.)
7  Then Jesus said, Let her be. Let her keep what she has for the day of my death.
8  The poor you have ever with you, but me you have not for ever.
9  Then a great number of the Jews had news that he was there: and they came, not only because of Jesus, but so that they might see Lazarus who had been dead and to whom he had given life.
10  Now there was talk among the chief priests of putting Lazarus to death;
11  For because of him a great number of the Jews went away and had belief in Jesus.
12 ¶ The day after, a great number of people who were there for the feast, when they had the news that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,
13  Took branches of palm-trees and went out to him, crying, A blessing on him who comes in the name of the Lord, the King of Israel!
14  And Jesus saw a young ass and took his seat on it; as the Writings say,
15  Have no fear, daughter of Zion: see your King is coming, seated on a young ass.
16  (These things were not clear to his disciples at first: but when Jesus had been lifted up into his glory, then it came to their minds that these things in the Writings were about him and that they had been done to him.)
17  Now the people who were with him when his voice came to Lazarus in the place of the dead, and gave him life again, had been talking about it.
18  And that was the reason the people went out to him, because it had come to their ears that he had done this sign.
19  Then the Pharisees said one to another, You see, you are unable to do anything: the world has gone after him.
20 ¶ Now there were some Greeks among the people who had come up to give worship at the feast:
21  They came to Philip, who was of Beth-saida in Galilee, and made a request, saying, Sir, we have a desire to see Jesus.
22  Philip went and gave word of it to Andrew; and Andrew went with Philip to Jesus.
23  And Jesus said to them in answer, The hour of the glory of the Son of man has come.
24  Truly I say to you, If a seed of grain does not go into the earth and come to an end, it is still a seed and no more; but through its death it gives much fruit.
25  He who is in love with life will have it taken from him; and he who has no care for his life in this world will keep it for ever and ever.
26  If any man is my servant, let him come after me; and where I am, there will my servant be. If any man becomes my servant, my Father will give him honour.
27 ¶ Now is my soul troubled; and what am I to say? Father, keep me from this hour. No: for this purpose have I come to this hour.
28  Father, give glory to your name. Then there came a voice out of heaven, saying, I have given it glory, and I will give it glory again.
29  Hearing the sound, a number of people who were there said that it was thunder: others said, An angel was talking to him.
30  Jesus said in answer, This voice came not for me but for you.
31  Now is this world to be judged: now will the ruler of this world be sent out.
32  And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will make all men come to me.
33  (This he said, pointing to the sort of death he would have.)
34  Then the people in answer said to him, The law says that the Christ will have life without end: how say you then that it is necessary for the Son of man to be lifted up? Who is this Son of man?
35  Jesus said to them, For a little time longer the light will be among you; while you have the light go on walking in it, so that the dark may not overtake you: one walking in the dark has no knowledge of where he is going.
36  In so far as you have the light, put your faith in the light so that you may become sons of light. With these words Jesus went away and for a time was not seen again by them.
37 ¶ But though he had done such a number of signs before them, they still had no belief in him:
38  So that the words of the prophet Isaiah might come true, when he said, Lord, who has any belief in our preaching? and the arm of the Lord, to whom has it been unveiled?
39  For this reason they were unable to have belief, because Isaiah said again,
40  He has made their eyes blind, and their hearts hard; for fear that they might see with their eyes and get knowledge with their hearts, and be changed, and I might make them well.
41  (Isaiah said these words because he saw his glory. His words were about him.)
42 ¶ However, a number even of the rulers had belief in him, but because of the Pharisees they did not say so openly for fear that they might be shut out from the Synagogue:
43  For the praise of men was dearer to them than the approval of God.
44 ¶ Then Jesus said with a loud voice, He who has faith in me, has faith not in me, but in him who sent me.
45  And he who sees me, sees him who sent me.
46  I have come as a light into the world, so that no one who has faith in me will go on living in the dark.
47  And if any man gives ear to my words and does not keep them, I am not his judge: I did not come to be judge of the world but to give salvation to the world.
48  He who puts me on one side and does not take my words to heart, is not without a judge: the word which I have said will be his judge on the last day.
49  For I have not said it on my authority, but the Father who sent me gave me orders what to say and how to say it.
50  And I have knowledge that his order is eternal life: so that the things which I say, I say them even as the Father says them to me.
Chapter 13
1 ¶ Now before the feast of the Passover, it was clear to Jesus that the time had come for him to go away from this world to the Father. Having once had love for those in the world who were his, his love for them went on to the end.
2  So while a meal was going on, the Evil One having now put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, to be false to him,
3  Jesus, being conscious that the Father had put everything into his hands, and that he came from God and was going to God,
4  Got up from table, put off his robe and took a cloth and put it round him.
5  Then he put water into a basin and was washing the feet of the disciples and drying them with the cloth which was round him.
6  So he came to Simon Peter. Peter said, Lord, are my feet to be washed by you?
7  And Jesus, answering, said to him, What I do is not clear to you now, but it will be clear to you in time to come.
8  Peter said, I will never let my feet be washed by you, never. Jesus said in answer, If I do not make you clean you have no part with me.
9  Simon Peter said to him, Lord, not my feet only, but my hands and my head.
10  Jesus said to him, He who is bathed has need only to have his feet washed and then he is clean all over: and you, my disciples, are clean, but not all of you.
11  (He had knowledge who was false to him; that is why he said, You are not all clean.)
12  Then, after washing their feet and putting on his robe again, he took his seat and said to them, Do you see what I have done to you?
13  You give me the name of Master and Lord: and you are right; that is what I am.
14  If then I, the Lord and the Master, have made your feet clean, it is right for you to make one another’s feet clean.
15  I have given you an example, so that you may do what I have done to you.
16  Truly I say to you, A servant is not greater than his lord; and he who is sent is not greater than the one who sent him.
17  If these things are clear to you, happy are you if you do them.
18 ¶ I am not talking of you all: I have knowledge of my true disciples, but things are as they are, so that the Writings may come true, The foot of him who takes bread with me is lifted up against me.
19  From this time forward, I give you knowledge of things before they come about, so that when they come about you may have belief that I am he.
20  Truly I say to you, He who takes to his heart anyone whom I send, takes me to his heart; and he who so takes me, takes him who sent me.
21  When Jesus had said this he was troubled in spirit, and gave witness, saying, Truly I say to you, that one of you will be false to me.
22  Then the eyes of the disciples were turned on one another, in doubt as to whom he had in mind.
23  There was at table one of his disciples, the one dear to Jesus, resting his head on Jesus’ breast.
24  Making a sign to him, Simon Peter said, Who is it he is talking about?
25  He, then, resting his head on Jesus’ breast, said to him, Lord, who is it?
26  This was the answer Jesus gave: It is the one to whom I will give this bit of bread after I have put it in the vessel. Then he took the bit of bread, put it into the vessel, and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.
27  And when Judas took the bread Satan went into him. Then Jesus said to him, Do quickly what you have to do.
28  Now it was not clear to anyone at table why he said this to him.
29  Some were of the opinion that because Judas kept the money-bag Jesus said to him, Get the things we have need of for the feast; or, that he was to give something to the poor.
30  So Judas, having taken the bit of bread, straight away went out: and it was night.
31 ¶ Then when he had gone out, Jesus said, Now is glory given to the Son of man, and God is given glory in him.
32  If God is given glory in him, God will give him glory in himself, and will give him glory even now.
33  My dear children, I am only to be with you a little longer. Then you will be looking for me: and as I said to the Jews, so now I say to you, Where I am going you may not come.
34  I give you a new law: Have love one for another; even as I have had love for you, so are you to have love one for another.
35  By this it will be clear to all men that you are my disciples, if you have love one for another.
36 ¶ Simon Peter said to him, Lord, where are you going? Jesus said in answer, Where I am going you may not come with me now, but you will come later.
37  Peter said to him, Why may I not come with you even now? I will give up my life for you.
38  Jesus said in answer, Will you give up your life for me? Truly I say to you, Before the cry of the cock you will have said three times that you are not my disciple.
Chapter 14
1 ¶ Let not your heart be troubled: have faith in God and have faith in me.
2  In my Father’s house are rooms enough; if it was not so, would I have said that I am going to make ready a place for you?
3  And if I go and make ready a place for you, I will come back again and will take you to be with me, so that you may be where I am.
4 ¶ And you all have knowledge of where I am going, and of the way to it.
5  Thomas said, Lord, we have no knowledge of where you are going; how may we have knowledge of the way?
6  Jesus said to him, I am the true and living way: no one comes to the Father but by me.
7  If you had knowledge of me, you would have knowledge of my Father: you have knowledge of him now and have seen him.
8  Philip said to him, Lord, let us see the Father, and we have need of nothing more.
9  Jesus said to him, Philip, have I been with you all this time, and still you have no knowledge of me? He who has seen me has seen the Father. Why do you say, Let us see the Father?
10  Have you not faith that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words which I say to you, I say not from myself: but the Father who is in me all the time does his works.
11  Have faith that I am in the Father and that the Father is in me: at least, have faith in me because of what I do.
12 ¶ Truly I say to you, He who puts his faith in me will do the very works which I do, and he will do greater things than these, because I am going to my Father.
13  And whatever request you make in my name, that I will do, so that the Father may have glory in the Son.
14  If you make any request to me in my name, I will do it.
15 ¶ If you have love for me, you will keep my laws.
16  And I will make prayer to the Father and he will give you another Helper to be with you for ever,
17  Even the Spirit of true knowledge. That Spirit the world is not able to take to its heart because it sees him not and has no knowledge of him: but you have knowledge of him, because he is ever with you and will be in you.
18 ¶ I will not let you be without a friend: I am coming to you.
19  A little time longer, and the world will see me no more; but you will see me; and you will be living because I am living.
20  At that time it will be clear to you that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I in you.
21  He who has my laws and keeps them, he it is who has love for me: and he who has love for me will be loved by my Father, and I will have love for him and will let myself be seen clearly by him.
22  Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, How is it that you will let yourself be seen clearly by us and not by the world?
23  Jesus said to him in answer, If anyone has love for me, he will keep my words: and he will be dear to my Father; and we will come to him and make our living-place with him.
24  He who has no love for me does not keep my words; and the word which you are hearing is not my word but the Father’s who sent me.
25 ¶ I have said all this to you while I am still with you.
26  But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will be your teacher in all things and will put you in mind of everything I have said to you.
27  May peace be with you; my peace I give to you: I give it not as the world gives. Let not your heart be troubled; let it be without fear.
28 ¶ Keep in mind how I said to you, I go away and come to you again. If you had love for me you would be glad, because I am going to the Father: for the Father is greater than I.
29  And now I have given you word of it before it comes, so that, when it comes, you may have faith.
30  After this I will not say much to you, because the ruler of this world comes: and he has no power over me;
31  But he comes so that the world may see that I have love for the Father, and that I am doing as I am ordered by the Father. Get up, and let us go.
Chapter 15
1 ¶ I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener.
2  He takes away every branch in me which has no fruit, and every branch which has fruit he makes clean, so that it may have more fruit.
3  You are clean, even now, through the teaching which I have given you.
4  Be in me at all times as I am in you. As the branch is not able to give fruit of itself, if it is not still on the vine, so you are not able to do so if you are not in me.
5  I am the vine, you are the branches: he who is in me at all times as I am in him, gives much fruit, because without me you are able to do nothing.
6  If a man does not keep himself in me, he becomes dead and is cut off like a dry branch; such branches are taken up and put in the fire and burned.
7  If you are in me at all times, and my words are in you, then anything for which you make a request will be done for you.
8  Here is my Father’s glory, in that you give much fruit and so are my true disciples.
9 ¶ Even as the Father has given me his love, so I have given my love to you: be ever in my love.
10  If you keep my laws, you will be ever in my love, even as I have kept my Father’s laws, and am ever in his love.
11  I have said these things to you so that I may have joy in you and so that your joy may be complete.
12  This is the law I give you: Have love one for another, even as I have love for you.
13  Greater love has no man than this, that a man gives up his life for his friends.
14  You are my friends, if you do what I give you orders to do.
15  No longer do I give you the name of servants; because a servant is without knowledge of what his master is doing: I give you the name of friends, because I have given you knowledge of all the things which my Father has said to me.
16  You did not take me for yourselves, but I took you for myself; and I gave you the work of going about and producing fruit which will be for ever; so that whatever request you make to the Father in my name he may give it to you.
17  So this is my law for you: Have love one for another.
18 ¶ If you are hated by the world, keep in mind that I was hated by the world before you.
19  If you were of the world, you would be loved by the world: but because you are not of the world, but I have taken you out of the world, you are hated by the world.
20  Keep in mind the words I said to you, A servant is not greater than his lord. If they were cruel to me, they will be cruel to you; if they kept my words, they will keep yours.
21  They will do all this to you because of my name—because they have no knowledge of him who sent me.
22  If I had not come and been their teacher they would have had no sin: but now they have no reason to give for their sin.
23  He who has hate for me has hate for my Father.
24  If I had not done among them the works which no other man ever did, they would have had no sin: but now they have seen, and they have had hate in their hearts for me and my Father.
25  This comes about so that the writing in their law may be made true, Their hate for me was without cause.
26 ¶ When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father even the Spirit of true knowledge who comes from the Father—he will give witness about me;
27  And you, in addition, will give witness because you have been with me from the first

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário